1. Install a smart credential on an employee’s mobile device to create a secure digital workforce identity.
2. The worker unlocks the device with biometric authentication, such as fingerprint or facial recognition, or a PIN to verify his or her identity.
3. Once the worker is authenticated, Bluetooth® connectivity to his or her Mac or PC computer delivers passwordless login for the workstation and single sign-on for all applications – cloud-based and on-premises – while in close proximity.
4. When the worker walks away from their computer, he or she is signed out of applications and logged out of the workstation, or the workstation is locked, depending on the policy set by the worker’s organization.
Entrust Datacard’s passwordless solution creates a secure digital identity on the employee’s mobile phone using a PKI credential that is unlocked with biometric authentication, such as fingerprint or facial recognition, or with a PIN, our solution ensures that the credential holder is, in fact, the credential owner, protecting workers’ digital identities and corporate assets. And, by replacing the password with a high-assurance passwordless solution, you are effectively blocking all password hacks.
Passwords require you to physically touch something. Our credential-based passwordless authentication is also touchless. Going touchless is use case dependent.
In healthcare, it's often about secure frictionless access to critical care systems by replacing physical smart cards with virtual credentials provisioned on workers' phones. In the office, it's about eliminating the use of physical authenticators and reducing dependence on shared devices, often in favor of BYODs or personal devices.
Your workers aren’t limited by their location or hardware when they use our passwordless solution. Remote and mobile workers can do everything they do in the office – email signing, encryption, document signing, and more – from anywhere. Plus, our passwordless solution removes friction for all workers with true SSO access that works across all devices (not just PCs) and with all apps – cloud and on-prem. Our solution authenticates the worker and the device with one-time user registration, eliminating the time consuming and frustrating process of re-registering credentials device-by-device and app-by-app.
Our passwordless authentication solution works with your existing PKI implementation and doesn’t require costly hardware or operating system upgrades. You will also save on the costs and hassles of password administration, resets, and technical support.
Security is our core business, not an add-on. With 25+ years of digital identity expertise and 50+ years of security innovation, Entrust Datacard has a record you can trust with your enterprise security. And since we were the first to market with passwordless, you can be confident that we’re deploying proven passwordless solutions that define best practices in authentication.
We don’t offer one-size-fits-all authentication solutions. Be wary of big cloud vendors pushing passwordless solutions that tie you and your data to their cloud environment. As well, with Entrust Datacard, you decide if you want a cloud-based or on-prem solution for high-assurance credential-based passwordless authentication.
* Source: Verizon’s 2019 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) found that 80% of hacking-related data breaches are due to password credentials. https://enterprise.verizon.com/resources/reports/dbir/
Request a demo with an IntelliTrust authentication platform specialist.
Experienced security professionals in corporations, banks and government agencies know the name IdentityGuard and trust it to protect and enable what matters to them.
Continuously protect against advanced threats with technology ranging from behavior analytics to fraud detection.