Entrust Datacard’s monthly SSL review covers SSL/TLS discussions — recaps news, trends and opinions from the industry.
Entrust Identity ON:
Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) …
- HTTPS Certificate Issuance Becomes More Secure Thanks to New CAA Standard
- Scott Helme on Certificate Authority Authorization
- CAA Record Generator by SSL Mate
- CAA checking becomes mandatory for SSL/TLS certificates
- CAA Adoption Notes
From Unmitigated Risk …
- CAs and SSL and Phishing Oh My!
- Secondary effects when encrypting the web
- Revocation reasons don’t make sense for the WebPKI of today
News & Notes:
- Mozilla Releases Version 2.4 of CA Certificate Policy
- Encryption on the web – two use cases and a lot of confusion!
- Internet Society – Securing our Digital Economy
- Let’s Encrypt and Comodo issue thousands of certificates for phishing
- Priorities clash over the call to encrypt the whole internet
- Who Is In Control Of TLS?
- Trust issues: Know the limits of SSL certificates
- IDN homograph attack
- Moz report: 50% of page one search results are HTTPS
- The Ultimate Guide to Stress-Free HTTPS Migration
- Symantec CA Response to Google Proposal and Community Feedback
- Chrome Extending “Not Secure” for Data Entry and Incognito Mode
- Bulletproof TLS Newsletter #27 – Certificate Transparency requirement delayed